The Art Institute of Chicago shares its singular collections with our city and the world. We collect, care for, and interpret works of art across time, cultures, geographies, and identities, centering the vision of artists and makers. We recognize that all art is made in a particular context, demanding continual, dynamic reconsideration in the present. We are a place of gathering; we foster the exchange of ideas and inspire an expansive, inclusive understanding of human creativity.
- Our museum reflects and deepens our collective humanity; the arts are integral to an inspired and just society.
- We respect and acknowledge our colleagues’ contributions and expertise across all roles within the organization.
- We share in the responsibility to create an antiracist culture built on equity, inclusion, and justice for all, acknowledging that these efforts are intersectional and ongoing.
- We encourage and advance a culture of hospitality, empathy, and gratitude for our staff, visitors, and supporters.
- We embrace innovation and foster change with a progressive understanding of—and obligation to reconsider—our past.
- We seek to sustain an open and dynamic social platform based on trust that embraces the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our staff, visitors, and supporters.