About this artwork
The front (obverse) of this coin portrays the emperor Constantius, facing right.
On the back (reverse), armed soldiers are depicted piercing an enemy.
- Currently Off View
- Arts of the Ancient Mediterranean and Byzantium
- Ancient Roman
- Coin Portraying Emperor Constantine II or Emperor Constantius Gallus
- Roman Empire (Minted in)
- 317 CE–354 CE
- Obverse: D N FL CL CONSTANTIVS NOB CAES Reverse: FEL TEMP REPARATIO: CONSS
- Diam.: 2.3 cm (15/16 in.)
- Gift of Mrs. William Nelson Pelouze