IIIF Manifest The International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF) represents a set of open standards that enables rich access to digital media from libraries, archives, museums, and other cultural institutions around the world.
Christopher Lloyd, Italian Paintings before 1600 in the Art Institute of Chicago: A Catalogue of the Collection (Chicago, 1993), pp. 239–42, ill.
Ana Debenedetti, “A Recently Identified Painting by Tintoretto in the Victoria and Albert Museum,” Burlington Magazine, 155 (2013), pp. 19–24, figs. 25, 26, 32, 36.
Berlin, Kaiser-Friedrich-Museums-Verein, Germälde alter Meister aus Berliner Besitz, July–August 1925, no. 399b.
Benent, Illinois, National Arts Foundation Museum, 1955, no cat.
Sir Thomas Andros de la Rue, Bart. (died 1911), London; his sale, Christie’s, London, June 16, 1911, no. 67, to Robert Langton Douglas, for £273, along with the related painting “The Discovery of the True Cross” now in the Hyde Collection in Glens Falls, New York [see Art Prices Current 1911 and an annotated copy of the sale catalogue in the Thomas J. Watson Library, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York; the painting seems to have remained with the “The Discovery of the True Cross” until 1932, when it entered the collection of the Art Institute]; sold by Langton Douglas to Mrs. Philip M. Lydig (née Rita de Acosta), New York, by 1913; sold in her sale, American Art Association, New York, April 4, 1913, no. 130 to W. W. Seaman for $2000 [“Rita Lydig Sale,” 1913, p. 6; for price and buyer, see annotated copy of the sale catalogue in the Thomas J. Watson Library, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York]. Robert Langton Douglas, London, by 1924 [according to the mount of a photograph in the Witt Library, London]. F. Hess, Berlin, by 1925 [lent to Berlin 1925]; sold in his sale, Paul Cassirer and Théodore Fischer, Lucerne, September 1, 1931, no. 4, for Fr 9000 [according to an annotated copy of the sale catalogue in the Ryerson Library, Art Institute]. Böhler and Steinmeyer, New York, by 1932; given to the Art Institute, 1932.
Object information is a work in progress and may be updated as new research findings emerge. To help improve this record, please email . Information about image downloads and licensing is available here.