About this artwork
Felix Gonzalez-Torres’s work is characterized by a sense of quiet elegy. He possessed an uncanny ability to produce elegant and restrained sculptural forms out of common materials. “Untitled” (Portrait of Ross in L.A.) consists of commercially available, shiny wrapped confections. The physical form of the work changes depending on the way it is installed. The ideal weight of the work, 175 pounds, corresponds to the average body weight of an adult male. As visitors choose to take candy from the work, the volume and weight of the work decrease.
Currently Off View
- Contemporary Art
- Felix Gonzalez-Torres
- "Untitled" (Portrait of Ross in L.A.)
- United States
- Candies individually wrapped in multicolor cellophane, endless supply
- Dimensions vary with installation; ideal weight 175 lbs.
- Promised gift of Donna and Howard Stone
- © The Felix Gonzalez-Torres Foundation.