Mr. William Welch:
Signed, middle left: "Wm. W. Welch / Born AD 1777"
64.8 × 54.6 cm (25 1/2 × 21 1/2 in.)
Juli and David Grainger Fund
Extended information about this artwork
The Magazine Antiques (January, 1990) p. 281 (ill.).
Annual Report (The Art Institute of Chicago, 1990) p. 14 (ill.).
Whitney Museum of American Art, Sheldon Peck, Aug 8–Oct 5, 1975; Williamsburg, Virginia, Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Folk Art Collection, Oct 12–Dec 1, 1975; Utica, New York, Munson–Williams–Proctor Institute, Dec 14, 1975–Feb 8, 1976; Michigan, Flint Institute of Arts, Feb 26–Apr 4, 1976; Springfield, Illinois State Museum, Apr 26–May 30, 1976, cat. 22.
Gene King, southern Illinois, before 1973; Mr. and Mrs. William F. Carr, Chicago, 1973-c. 1990; Frank and Barbara Pollock, Highland Park, Illinois, 1990; sold by them to the Art Institute of Chicago, 1990.
Object information is a work in progress and may be updated as new research findings emerge. To help improve this record, please email . Information about image downloads and licensing is available here.