About this artwork
This memorial window, dedicated to Francis Edwin Corey and his wife, Vernera Leonard Corey, is one of several that Louis Comfort Tiffany’s Tiffany Glass and Decorating Company designed for Christ Reformed Episcopal Church in Chicago. Tiffany used lilies in his stained glass a number of times; the Coreys may have been inspired to commission this design by the well-publicized Field of Lilies Window in Tiffany’s chapel at the 1893 World’s Columbian Exposition in Chicago. Lilies were also considered appropriate for commemorative works, since they symbolized resurrection. When Christ Reformed Episcopal Church was demolished in 1962, the Tiffany windows were moved to St. Andrew Reformed Episcopal Church in Tinley Park, Illinois. The two parts of the Corey Memorial Window are now displayed on either side of this wall.
- Louis Comfort Tiffany
- Lilies (Corey Memorial Window)
- c. 1892–1895
- Leaded Favrile glass
- 414 × 82.6 cm (163 × 32 1/2 in.)
- Gift of St. Andrew Reformed Episcopal Church