About this artwork
Stefan Sagmeister’s graphic designs are often unsettling, engaging the viewer through a combination of subtle wit and humor, married with sinister undertones and references drawn from popular culture. The project Being Not Truthful Always Works against Me was created in collaboration with Ralph Ammer, and it is comprised of those words digitally woven into a projected spiderweb. As a viewer passes in front of the work, a sensor captures the movement, and the web begins to break down, resulting in its eventual destruction and dissolution. However, when the viewer has gone, the web reconstructs itself time and again, playfully mimicking the regenerating power of an actual spider through digital means.
- Stefan Sagmeister (Designer)
- Being Not Truthful Always Works Against Me (edition 1/10)
- Interactive projection
- 163 x 188 cm (64 x 74 in.)
- Celia and David Hilliard Fund and Funds provided by the Architecture & Design Society
- © 2006 Stefan Sagmeister and Ralph Ammer.