About this artwork
This work returns to the emotional content expressed by the much earlier Mourning. It has a crocheted ground to which fabric elements and “marks” or signs have been added, and it incorporates the trace of a message at the top. Another textile in the series was described in a recent exhibition as “enjoyably unsettling,” words that could be applied to many of Olszewski’s pieces.
- Currently Off View
- Michael Olszewski
- The Clearing
- United States (Object made in)
- Made 2008
- Silk and paper, crochet and crochet variations; appliquéd with silk, plain weaves, some printed, dyed, hole-punched, and discharge dyed and appliquéd with silk, ribbon; embroidered with silk; metal wire wrapped with silk; blocked
- 75.6 × 74.1 × 5.1 cm (29 3/4 × 29 3/16 × 2 in.)
- Purchased with funds provided by the Textile Society
- © 2008 Michael Olszewski.