54.4 × 22.9 cm (21 7/16 × 9 in.)
Image (front): 49.2 × 18.3 cm (19 3/8 × 3/16 in.)
Charles H. and Mary F. S. Worcester Collection
IIIF Manifest The International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF) represents a set of open standards that enables rich access to digital media from libraries, archives, museums, and other cultural institutions around the world.
Charles L. Kuhn, A Catalogue of German Paintings of the Middle Ages and Renaissance in American Collections, Cambridge, Mass., 1936, p. 56, nos. 212–13.
Daniel Catton Rich, ed., Catalogue of the Charles H. and Mary F. S. Worcester Collection of Paintings, Sculpture and Drawings, Chicago, 1938, p. 49, no. 44 (ill.).
Kurt Steinbart, Das Holzschnittwerk des Jakob Cornelisz von Amsterdam, Burg bei Magdeburg, 1937, p. 121, under no. 141 (1936.241).
The Art Institute of Chicago, Paintings in The Art Institute of Chicago: A Catalogue of the Picture Collection, 1961, p. 134.
C[unera] V[ergeer], in Museum Boymans-van Beuningen, Van Eyck to Bruegel, 1400– 1550: Dutch and Flemish Painting in the Collection of the Museum Boymans-van Beuningen, Rotterdam, 1994, pp. 316 (ill.), 317.
Jane L. Carroll, “The Paintings of Jacob Cornelisz. van Oostsanen (1472–1533),” Ph.D. diss., University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 1987 (Ann Arbor, Mich., University Microfilms, 1988), pp. 402–03, cat. A9, figs. 107–08.
Jeremy Dupertuis Bangs, “The Masters of Alkmaar and Hand X: The Haarlem Painters of the Van Waterlant Family,” Wallraf-Richartz-Jahrbuch 60 (1999),
pp. 113, 116, 122, 157, figs. 62–63.
Martha Wolff in Martha Wolff et al., Northern European and Spanish Paintings before 1600 in the Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, 2008, pp. 180-84, ill.
Art Institute of Chicago, A Century of Progress, 1933, nos. 22–23, as attributed to Hans von Kulmbach.
S. Newberger, New York [according to the catalogue of the Roerich sale; Newberger is given as a source for numerous pictures in this sale]. Roerich Museum, New York; sold, American Art Association, Anderson Galleries, New York, March, 27–28, 1930, no. 134, as attributed to Michael Wohlgemuth, to Worcester; Charles H. Worcester, Chicago; on loan to the Art Institute from 1930; given to the Art Institute, 1936.
Object information is a work in progress and may be updated as new research findings emerge. To help improve this record, please email . Information about image downloads and licensing is available here.