About this artwork
The Architects Club of Chicago was organized in 1925 under the leadership of the members of the Chicago Chapter of the American Institute of Architects and the Illinois Society of Architects, and later joined by the Chicago Architectural Club. The club was formed to establish a “suitable and proper club building” for the architectural community in Chicago. Arrangements were made to purchase the Glessner House, designed by architect H.H. Richardson, after the owner’s death, and the club purchased the Kimball House for interim quarters. This collection consists of correspondence between members, volume one of their published bulletin, membership lists, and other organizational documents.
Collections may be accessed in the Franke Reading Room of the Research Center at The Art Institute of Chicago, by appointment only. For further information, consult the FAQ.
Finding aids by subject
Browse all finding aids
Browse images and media
Contact the Ryerson and Burnham Art and Architecture Archives:
- Currently Off View
- AIC Archives
- American Institute of Architects (Collaborator)
- The Architects Club of Chicago Records
- Made 1925–1937
- Correspondence, typescript papers, and printed papers.
- H.: 3.1 cm (1 1/4 in.)
- Gift of Thomas Yanul, 1990, and Ron White, 2012.