About this artwork
Architects Normand Patton and Reynolds Fisher practiced in Chicago from 1885 until 1901, designing residences, schools, commercial buildings, and churches throughout the upper Midwest. Many of their buildings were designed in a Romanesque Revival style, using locally available stone, brick, and terra cotta ornament. This collection contains working drawings for several buildings and project illustrations for commissions primarily in the Chicago area.
Collections may be accessed in the Franke Reading Room of the Research Center at The Art Institute of Chicago, by appointment only. For further information, consult the FAQ.
Contact the Ryerson and Burnham Art and Architecture Archives:
- Currently Off View
- AIC Archives
- Patton and Fisher (Architect)
- Patton and Fisher Records
- Made 1885–1908
- Printed papers, manuscripts, architectural reprographic prints and a book.
- Oversize material: H.: 6.1 cm (2 7/16 in.)
- Mostly unknown; some material gift of Prof. Guy Garrison, 2002 and 2004.