About this artwork
The Radford Architectural Company, based in Chicago, sold architect-designed plans for residential and commercial buildings to the American consumer, providing well-designed buildings without the cost of the architect’s fees. The company published catalogs with detailed floor plans, accompanied by renderings and estimated building costs. The blueprints and specifications in this collection are for house number 504, a three-bedroom, two-story house published in The Radford American Homes (Riverside, IL: Radford Architectural Company, 1903).
Collections may be accessed in the Franke Reading Room of the Research Center at The Art Institute of Chicago, by appointment only. For further information, consult the FAQ.
Contact the Ryerson and Burnham Art and Architecture Archives:
- Currently Off View
- AIC Archives
- Radford Architectural Company Collection
- Riverside (Object made in)
- Made 1903
- Architectural reprographic prints.
- 1 oversize portfolio and flatfile materials
- Gift of Janet S. Bartow, 1994; purchase of the Ryerson and Burnham Libraries, 2004.