Red chalk on cream laid paper, laid down on ivory laid paper
Inscribed verso, center, on mount, in pen and brown ink: "195."; verso, across top on mount, in graphite: "Coll. Marquis de Chennevière, formerly director of Beaux-Arts"; verso, lower right, on mount, in graphite: "Guercino o Gennari"
187 × 266 mm
The Charles Deering Collection
IIIF Manifest The International Image Interoperability Framework (IIIF) represents a set of open standards that enables rich access to digital media from libraries, archives, museums, and other cultural institutions around the world.
Charles Deering (1852–1927), Chicago [stamp (Lugt 516), verso, lower right, in blue]; by descent to his daughters, Mrs. Chauncey McCormick (née Marion Deering; 1886–1965), Chicago and Mrs. Richard Ely Danielson (née Barbara Deering; 1885–1957), Chicago; given to the Art Institute of Chicago, 1927.
Object information is a work in progress and may be updated as new research findings emerge. To help improve this record, please email . Information about image downloads and licensing is available here.