OB: A VITELLIVS GERMAN IMP TR P
REV: S P Q R OB C S
Diam. 2 cm; 7.26 g
Gift of Martin A. Ryerson
Extended information about this artwork
Karen B. Alexander, “From Plaster to Stone: Ancient Art at the Art Institute of Chicago,” in Karen Manchester, Recasting the Past: Collecting and Presenting Antiquities at the Art Institute of Chicago (Chicago: Art Institute of Chicago; New Haven: Yale University Press, 2012), p. 29.
Elizabeth Hahn Benge, “From Aegina to Andronicus: A Survey of Coinage at the Art Institute of Chicago,” in Historia Mundi n. 5 (January 2016), p. 210 (fig. 13).
Martin A. Ryerson (1856-1932), Chicago; given to the Art Institute of Chicago, 1922.
Object information is a work in progress and may be updated as new research findings emerge. To help improve this record, please email . Information about image downloads and licensing is available here.