About this artwork
Bleu lapis was one of the ground colors most often found on Vincennes and Sèvres porcelains. The simple contrast of this dark color and the brilliant white of the porcelain body, accented by gilded ornaments, created a rich and sophisticated decoration.
- Currently Off View
- Applied Arts of Europe
- Manufacture de porcelaine de Vincennes (Manufacturer)
- Sugar Bowl and Stand
- Vincennes (Object made in)
- Soft-paste porcelain, underglaze blue ground, and gilding
- 13 × 20.5 × 26 cm (5 1/8 × 8 1/16 × 10 1/4 in.)
- Joseph Maier and Arthur Lewis Liebman Memorial: Gift of Kenneth J. Maier, M.D.