About this artwork
This figure wears the narrow, calf-length robe distinctive of servants. Her facial features, characteristically masklike and serene, are framed by long hair, which is parted and tied in a bun at the nape of her neck. Her cupped hands may originally have held a staff.
- Female Attendant (Tomb Figurine)
- China (Artist's nationality)
- 200 BCE–101 BCE
- Gray earthenware with slip coating and polychrome pigments
- 57.2 × 18 × 14.8 cm (22 1/2 × 7 1/16 × 5 13/16 in.)
- Potter Palmer Collection, gift of Mrs. Potter Palmer