Cotton and wool (camelid), bands of two-, three-, and four-color complementary weft weaves
28.9 × 14.3 cm (11 3/8 × 5 5/8 in.)
Kate S. Buckingham Endowment
Extended information about this artwork
The Art Institute of Chicago, Department of Africa, Oceania, and the Americas, November 16, 1987- February 17, 1988
Art Gallery of the University of Notre Dame, The Art of Ancient Peru, December 20, 1961-January 28, 1962.
Art Institute of Chicago, Mexican, Central and South American Textiles: A Living Legacy, October 28, 1992-January 17, 1993.
Eduard Gaffron (1861–1931), Lima, Peru, from 1892 to 1912, then Berlin, from [History of the Department report (Joanne Behrens, 1985) and correspondence in curatorial file]; by descent to his children Mercedes Gaffron, Berlin then Durham S.C. and Hans Gaffron (1902–1979), Berlin then Chicago [correspondence and documentation of the Gaffron Collection in curatorial file]; sold to the Art Institute, 1955.
Object information is a work in progress and may be updated as new research findings emerge. To help improve this record, please email . Information about image downloads and licensing is available here.