Exciting changes are coming to the Ryan Learning Center!
Starting in January, we’ll be transforming the RLC into an even more accessible and inclusive space, where all audiences can enjoy creative activities. The new space will debut in late spring 2020. During the construction period, January 6 through March 15, programs for K–12 students and teachers will be limited.
Teachers can begin booking tours for the spring on December 9. Spring tours will be offered March 16–May 29. When student tours resume on March 16, student groups will be eligible to:
- Receive free admission for all K–8 students, Illinois students grades 9–12 , and a requisite number of chaperones. Additional chaperone fees are $20 for Illinois adult residents and $23 for out-of-state residents. The rate for out-of-state students grades 9–12 is $11 per student.
- Use the group entrance, located off Columbus Drive.
- Receive complimentary storage for coats and bags.
- Reserve lunch space on a first-come, first-served basis.
K–12 student tours will be on hiatus January 16–March 15 due to construction in the Ryan Learning Center. During this time, we are not able to accommodate group entry, the stowing of students’ coats and bags, or provide a space for lunch in the Ryan Learning Center.
Student groups visiting the museum January 16-March 15 will be directed to general admission, not group sales. For detailed information about visiting the museum, please review the museum’s Visit and FAQs pages. General admission policies are as follows:
- Visitors must purchase the appropriate ticket type based on the age and residence of each visitor.
- Visitors are encouraged to use the Modern Wing entrance at 159 East Monroe Street.
- Outside food and beverages cannot be brought into the museum. Visitors can purchase food at the museum’s restaurants.
- All backpacks and large bags will need to be checked at $1.00 per item.
Please direct any questions to School Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 443-3907.