The Art Institute is open, and we can’t wait to see you in the galleries. The museum experience is a little different as we’ve taken precautions to protect the health and safety of our visitors and our staff.
Please note the following changes and see the full list of new visiting policies.
Student Tours Hiatus
K–12 student tours are currently on hiatus. Student groups can arrange to visit the museum through general admission instead of group sales. General admission tickets can be purchased in advance through our ticketing website. For hours, prices, and detailed information about visiting the museum, please review the museum’s Visit and FAQs pages. And remember—Chicago students under 18 and all children under 14 always receive free admission. Illinois teachers are also able to receive free admission by submitting an Educator Admission Request.
We continue to encourage you to explore our online and digital resources for learning.
- Sign up for our Educator Newsletter below to stay up to date on the latest resources, programming, and opportunities for educators to connect.
- Follow our Educator Programs Facebook page for inspirational classroom activities.
- Check out our Educator Resources for informational packets on individual artworks, thematic curriculum guides, tips and tutorials, and student activity sheets that can be used in both remote and in-school learning contexts
- Visit the museum virtually to explore the Art Institute’s exhibitions and collection online.
- Ask an Educator: Our educators have years of experience engaging students with art. Guided by the information you provide, our educators will select from the Art Institute of Chicago’s global art collection and digital resources to support your remote or in-class teaching.
- Explore upcoming virtual events to see if there is an event that might support your teaching.